VININGS DINING ROOM REVEAL

Nothing is more rewarding than transforming a blank canvas. Here’s what my client’s dining room looked like when she moved in. The three story townhouse has beautiful details throughout and the dining room was no exception. We were lucky to get some pretty great bones.

BroughtonCir_DiningRoom_BEFORE

Here’s the design plan I presented in our meeting.

BroughtonCir_Sunroom

An entirely new space with an rustic modern twist. The dining table and side chairs had the perfect weathered look I was going for and the cherry red end chairs added just enough of a modern twist and the pop of red. You’ll see in the reveal pics how well they accent the geometric pattern in the custom drapery.

BroughtonCir_DiningRoom_AFTER_VintagePoster_2

No dining room is complete without a little sparkle provided by the orbital chandelier, drapery finials, and the reflective quality of the lantern centerpiece.

BroughtonCir_DiningRoom_AFTER_VintagePoster

The vintage posters are a great whimsical addition to a dining space that you don’t want taken so seriously. An avid traveler, we chose posters featuring destinations she’s visited.

Posters_Closeup

The unconventional centerpiece is a casual take on relaxed dining. A little greenery, candlelight, and an interesting box object makes a perfect trio and even becomes a bit of a conversation starter!

Centerpiece

Here’s a closer look at the texture provided by the Kravet grasscloth wallpaper against the custom drapery constructed from a patterned linen by JF Fabrics. Both elements warmed the space and softened the hard lines of the room.

BroughtonCir_DiningRoom_Drapery_Closeup-2

BroughtonCir_DiningRoom_AFTER_VintagePoster_2If you need help creating a atmosphere you love coming home to, give me a call (404) 507-6110 or email me at info@erikaward.com for available meeting dates! Looking forward to working with you!

10 Responses to “VININGS DINING ROOM REVEAL”

1. Tammy Bolden Says:

Gorgeous – as usual!!
    The next time I’m in ATL I’d love to pick your brain on how to building my business…
    xo

2. Karen @ Dogs Don't Eat Pizza Says:

Beautiful! I love all the different textures in the room. Just gorgeous!

3. Darcel Says:

Seriously, you never disappoint or cease to amaze me. This room looks great!

4. Reginia {PoisedinPrint.com} Says:

Good looking room. Gorgeous actually. The curtains are a hit with me. :)

5. Mary Etta McCurdy Says:

Ditto what Tammy says. Like you, I did not start out as a designer. I have a few things that I would like to pursue but wonder how to build my biz as well.

6. Mary Etta McCurdy Says:

This came off beautifully. I like that there is not too much in the room. But what is in the room really counts.

7. Nicole Says:

So fabulously transformed, as always. Especially love the wallpaper (can’t believe some clients are still nervous about wallpaper), the curtains and those red chairs

8. LaJane Says:

Dear Eirka, What a great classy designer. Simple, beautiful,uncluttered,Love it. My mom used that wall paper in our family room… warm and cool at the same time. You always want to touch it.I live here in Marietta and I am planning some small home updates, one being my hallway bath. I know exactly what I want , my problem is where do you start to choose a contractor.No walls to be taken down, all bathroom pieces remain in the same place, remove tub and just have a shower. Any suggestions? Small budget.

9. Caroline-Jeannine Harrison Says:

I’m so grateful that you share your sweet spirit with us. I like the balance that this room has. The dab’s of red are comforting and not aggressive. Nicely done, Erika.