I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve been a bit moody over the past couple of weeks. People who know me would never describe this as one of my personality traits and it bothered me to be outside of my character.
I reached out to a few friends about how I was feeling, each said the same thing, “You are 9 months pregnant. You have every right to be moody.” Their responses lightened my mood for a moment, but it then returned as soon as I hung up the phone.
As a Christian believer, I sought answers from scripture and prayer. I need to be reminded about God’s promises regarding peace. During my prayer time, I realized I need to confess my ‘beef with God’ and then surrender my worries to Him.
He promises that when I surrender my worries to him, “the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.” (Phil 4:6-7).
Instead of focusing on my pregnancy symptoms, I did a check up to see if I had all the symptoms of peace. I happened upon this ‘symptoms list’ created by Dr. Jeff Rockwell and it too became an answered prayer.
If I diagnosed myself correctly, I find it comforting to know that my inner peace is still in tact. The one I need to work on [which was also revealed to me in prayer] is #7.
Go ahead and check yourself. I hope you find yourself with a serious case of inner peace.
1. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experiences.
2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
3. A loss of interest in judging self.
4. A loss of interest in judging others.
5. A loss of interest in conflict.
6. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
7. A loss of ability to worry.
8. Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
9. Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
10. Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes of the heart.
11. Increasing susceptibility to love extended by others as well as the in controllable urge to extend it.
May your INNER PEACE condition be incurable!