Instead of focusing on the design dos, first consider what not to do. This new approach could be just what you need to open your mind and release your own creativity. Today on houzz, I examine the six ways you might be blocking your creativity and some tips for gaining decorating confidence and independence.
1. DON’T IGNORE YOUR HEART / DO START SMALL
2. DON’T FOLLOW TRENDS RELIGIOUSLY / DO DESIGN A SPACE THE CONTAINS THE CLASSICS YOU LOVE
3. DON’T OVERCROWD YOUR SPACE / DO BE SELECTIVE
4. DON’T WORK WITHOUT A PLACE / DO GATHER YOUR RESOURCES
5. DON’T TRY TO DO IT ALL AT ONCE / DO BE PATIENT AS YOU BUILD A COLLECTION
6. DON’T BE A COPYCAT / DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK
Click through to this link to get more details and photos for each of these tips.
There’s been lots of great feedback from houzz readers on this topic, here’s one of my favorites:
Which decorating mistakes have you made in the past?