GLENWOOD PARK FAMILY ROOM REVEAL

I¬†just love it when a plan comes together, don’t you? It all started with a referral from one of my favorite clients. After I designed her a paisley and pink room for her daughter, then a handsome nursery for her son, she blessed me with this new client who I’ve also added to my favorites list!

She’s a busy wife and working mom and has a great eye for design which was apparent in the rest of the house, but her family room proved to be a stumbling block. It was her least favorite room of the house and she couldn’t stand to look at it anymore. My guess is that she was exhausted and simply hit a creative block. Not to be defeated, she called in a professional for assistance!

BEFORE

This room has amazing bones and I could see the potential immediately! The room boasts a coffered ceiling to die for and windows that stream in an abundance of sunlight. A bank of windows behind the sofa looks out onto a huge enclosed fully-furnished sunroom. The initial plan specified safe navy blue drapery panels for the windows but a last minute request proved to be a game-changer!! On the opposite side of the room is a hearty fireplace sided by custom built-ins.

After convincing Supermom that her existing furniture plan was perfect, I focused on fabrics and accessories. Below a page from my design presentation.

Supermom loves color and has an impressive collection of African sculptures from their family travels. For her family room, I chose vibrant-hued fabrics, global-inspired artwork, and organic elements to complement her existing furnishings.

…and here’s how what was planned on paper came to reality:

AFTER

Using a mix of custom (pillows and drapery) and retail items creates a beautiful cost-effective design that only looks like a million bucks. We completed this design, with dollars to spare! Now on to the dining room!!

If you need assistance in falling in love with your home again, contact me at (404) 507-6110 or email me erika(at)erikaward(dot)com. Let’s get it done!

26 Responses to “GLENWOOD PARK FAMILY ROOM REVEAL”

1. Debbie at Vintage Scout Says:

Wow, amazing what a few great finishing touches will do. I love those acrylic tables! Where are they from? The draperies are wonderful as well. Kudos!

2. sherry hart Says:

Super Decorator!!! It is gorgeous, I love the colors…..

3. Jaime Says:

The makeover looks great! I love the use of color and accessories!

4. Pat Says:

Dear Erika,

We are loving our beautifully decorated room! You summed it up perfectly: As a busy working mom of two, my creative juices were no longer flowing, but my family room felt uninspiring. I can finally exhale when I walk in that room instead of looking at it as an unfinished project. Thank you for talking me out of getting rid of everything and starting completely over. You saved me a ton of money! I also thank you for respecting my personal style while teaching me the finer points of design and decorating. I’m so grateful our paths have crossed.
    You are so stuck with me :-).

• Erika at BluLabel Bungalow Says:

Oh Pat!! You are the best :) I’m thrilled that everyone is happy with the space, especially you. I could feel your frustration and kept that at the forefront of my mind the entire time. It’s very rewarding for me that I made you so happy. I wish I had a camera to capture reaction!

Looking forward to all the future holds :)

Thanks for choosing me!

5. BossyGirl Says:

You are so talented…One day I’m going to have you decorate my house…

6. Tennielle Says:

Wow, you really pulled that room together and polished it up. Such a cool thing to see!

7. Cesa Says:

What a remarkable transformation. The accessories are incorporated in unique ways and add so much punch. I adore the striped rug and the glass tables which give way to a contemporary/airy feel in this transitional room. The colors add warmth and interest to this lovely space. This room is truly an inspiration for me.

8. Jill Seidner | Interior Design Says:

Great job! Looks amazing…what an incredible transformation!

9. Lissa @ AfterAdornment Says:

Amazing transformation Erica! So glad the client agreed to go with the “unsafe” (hehe) orange drapes….they look amazing in there! And I am loving the bright chevron pillows.

10. Miya @ Design Indulgences Says:

lovely. I really like what you selected for the backs of the bookshelves and love the window treatments. I posted my project too the other day. Check it out :-)

11. Tracey Says:

Erika,

My siser-in-law’s (Pat Earley)living room looks absolutely fabulous. I was speechless when I walked into their home. It’s such a vibrant, yet warm space of their home. I will keep you on my radar for some help! :-)

• Erika Ward Says:

Thanks so much Tracey for your comment! I really enjoyed working for Pat. She’s quickly become one of my favorite clients to work for. Looking forward to assisting you in the near future! Chat soon!

12. Melody Says:

Erika I am loving everything you did to transform Pat’s room. I am her BFF and the kids Godmother. You can expect a call from me in the next day or so. I have several rooms that I really need your help with. I am so glad that Pat has done the hard work and found you…now all I need to do is make a phone call.

Melody Johnson

13. itSara Says:

The TV armoire is perfect! Love the idea of hiding the clutter while entertaining at home. There is a TV in their, right? ;-)

14. Sheree Says:

Love this! Not my color scheme but the same type of furniture and stumbling block of a great room. Talk about 6 degrees of separation. Saw you on IG, then I circled back to this pin from Pinterest. What a gift and great talent! Wish I lived in ATL! God bless!
    Sheree

15. TexanInStLouis Says:

Hello,
    This room is really lovely. We recently purchased a bungalow in Clayton, MO. I was wondering. How did you decide where to hang the curtains? I was thinking of hanging ours from ceiling height but now, I’m not certain. Our ceilings are 10′.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks