VIDEO: PURE DESIGN

From delectable bites to inspiring retro design, Pure Taqueria brings more to the table than fabulous fare.

Photography by Katlyne Hill

Located in the Inman Park community of Atlanta, Pure Taqueria has quickly become one of my favorite hotspots for some of the freshest authentic Mexican dishes. I visited three times within two weeks of being introduced to this place! In addition to falling in love with the food, I was completely smitted by the decor.

Meredith Fords of the Atlanta Journal Constitution described it best when she said, “Eating here feels like a day at a Mexican beach.” The restaurant has whitewashed planked walls as well as accent walls of watery mosaic tiles like sea glass found on the shore. The ceilings and duct work are exposed but are painted a beautiful seafoam green.
Vintage signs, furnishings, fabrics, and retro appliances make this place feel welcoming and familiar. Upon entry, one of the first things you see are the employees’ lockers painted in a sunny yellow. As you continue further into the restaurant with its retro fabrics, tables, chairs, and barstools, you will see it has an undeniable schoolhouse charm.

Here are a few examples of homes that incorporate a bit of the retro vibe:

14 Responses to “VIDEO: PURE DESIGN”

1. Dayka (Life +Style) Says:

all i can say is, i hope your kids love mexican food, because not loving it is going to make for a very bad childhood experience for them! however, i'm glad you love pure–i told you it was the best!

cute video (love the decor there!)

2. Kristen Says:

love it! so nice to finally meet you there. :)

3. SHERRY HART Says:

Love the video!!! So personal! AND…that was some good food but you know that as you watched me eat every bite the other night :)
    Pictures are fabulous also!

4. Lissa @ After Adornment Says:

Great Video Once Again! I love that place so much….the food and decor. And you're right, it does feel like you are on a breezy mexican beach.

5. CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED Says:

I love it! I love how you worked in your sponsors too and even gave the photographer a chance to show off her skills by shooting PURE. Does PURE know they're here? Bet they'd be thrilled!

6. Sana Says:

Do you know how much I love Pure!? We have a place in Atlanta and were so psyched when they opened because we over did it with Fritti. Nice video, Erika. Lookinf forward to meeting you at BlogFest2011!

7. Wande- Ladyee Says:

Love the interior Erika!

8. AprilDenise Says:

Hi Erika! I found your blog a while back and decided to see what you were up to.. I like the video. I did a video this week talking about inspiration on by blog as well. Once I saw your video I retaped it and referenced your video in it (hope this was ok). I agree that we (designers) use pictures and places as an inspiration!!

If you would like to see the video you can see it here: uniqueillusions.weebly.com — under the video tab..

I am also located in Atlanta and would love to meet you. Have a great weekend!

9. eddieross Says:

Happy Valentine's Day!
    Xo,
    E&J

10. Kellie Collis Says:

Those chairs look awesome! And that kitchen looks so fabulous! Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

11. Janell @ Isabella and Max Says:

LOVE this post, you look and sound great! So fun. Also can't help but notice the "M", it looks just like the "M" I made by painting a paper mache letter to look old. How cool is this space?!
    Janell

12. Kim G Says:

My heart is racing I love your blog & design style. so excited to have a new design blog to read :) found you via houzz. I will be adding Pure Taqueria to my list of spots to eat on our family day trips to ATL.

13. Erika at BluLabel Bungalow Says:

Thanks guys for such positive feedback! You wouldn't believe the strange looks I got from shooting a video in a restaurant, but hey I didn't care ;-)

Though a full out retro design does not flow with the style of my house, I'm going to try to incorporate some punchy fabrics here and there. We'll see what happens!

14. Dana {Southern Inspired} Says:

Hi Erika! I'm Dana and I live just south of Atlanta! We just moved to Georgia a couple of months ago so we're always looking for new places to eat! I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did! We'll definitely have to try PURE out :) Just wanted to say hey and I'm definitely a new follower! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
    Dana